Wednesday 18 January 2012

Conclusion

blog analysis 
The idea of this blog was to create an online secondary source base ,where I could build ideas and collect information for Assessment 1. This assessment outlined that I needed to understand the concept of postmodernism and to investigate theoretical sources about the subject.These were then to be applied to a close analysis of a set text. I chose to analyse Manuel Puig's The Kiss of The Spider Woman.I have tried to present the blog as a thinking diary and as a blog reader ,you can read the development of ideas and look at information within the blog itself. 


I have looked at the learning outcomes and have interpreted what information is required in my final 2 assessments.I have analysed information from texts  as well as using on line theoretical sources. I have also learnt that there is an abundance of theoretical information on postmodernism,but what is evidently important is ,using information that shall be relevant to the textual analysis of the Kiss of the Spider Woman.These are the main theoretical ideas I shall be using;
1.The concept of Modernism and what  Postmodernism represents and why.
2.Baudrillard-Simulation and hyperreality and in particular the effect of mass media and its simulation of an ideal hegemonic society.
3.Baudrillard and counterarguments .I have looked at the work of Baudrillard and also his comparatives , Fukuyama and Derrida.I wanted to understand the ideology of Fukuyama as an opposition to Baudrillard and what is evident there is no real right or wrong in the deconstruction of a text only interpretation.
4.Derrida ;I have learnt Derrida's idea of centering is in essence about decentrering and looking at a text deconstructively instead of from a centered viewpoint.In other words a text needs to be deconstructed to understand the underlying meaning.This could be taken in the form of a metanarrative and even intertextuality.  
5.Metafiction:This was an essential piece of theory as it helped me to understand ,the text and how deconstructed narratives ,highlight it as a piece of fiction as the writer is questioning the reality of his own work.Metanarrative and hyperreality become the fusion point in Puig's novel .
6.Judith Butler : The idea of gender as a performance as suggested by Butler ,makes me as a reader examine how much of this behaviour is underlined by patriarchy and the need to confirm.It shall also be investigated and applied to the final analysis.
7.Dialogism: This was an important pieces of reading, as it was evident in Puig's novel that it works to some extent like a play.As there is no narrative voice ,the reader has to rely on the speakers dialogue to understand and interpret events,which are reflected on by the reader.
8.Bayona's essay on The Kiss of The Spider Woman:This essay 'The Displacement of identities helped me understand Gender Performance and how I could analyse it from my own perspective using the text.
9.Theoretical analysis of 4 postmodern thinkers .(1000 word) Analysis and the social and historical understanding of postmodernism.
10.References -all books and journal articles used. 
11. 1500 word textual analysis of the Kiss of the Spider woman.This is my critical analysis
of Chapter three of the text.I have used the theoretical concepts discussed in my blog and applied them to analysis as a secondary source.
I hope you enjoy this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment